Jun 9, 2008

Octopus

Being awoken by a phone call at 6:00 AM is a nuisance. Being awoken by a video call at 6:00 AM from a waiter you met the night before is downright creepy.

The evening before as James and I dined on live octopus, the waiter had tried to make friends with me. Though I am not averse to making new friends, I only have one mouth that at the moment it was preoccupied with trying to tear, rip, and incapacitate a living animal that was hell bend on choking me. Hoping to regain an air of peace and safety, I gave the waiter my phone number and assumed he would never call me.

Needless to say I underestimated the waiters desire to continue our conversation. In spite of me ignoring his video calls, the waiter called me twice a day for five days straight. Luckily, on the sixth day a Korean friend of mine was around when the waiter called and with a few harsh words from this friend the calls finally ended.

No comments: