Apr 15, 2010

400cc Okinawa

It took over a year, but after 6 months of studying Japanese, working 3 different jobs, losing a chunk of change, moving to Okinawa, and then jumping through countless US military hoops, I finally have a motorcycle license. Keeping with the theme of, "Nothing Will Come Easy In Japan", the day of my motorcycle license test just happened to be the one day this week it rained with an intensity only seen in the tropics.

Wet clothes and shriving aside, the motorcycle is parked downstairs. Had anyone told me living in Asia without being an English teacher would be have been this hard, I would have smiled and ignorantly thought, "I can do it."

Surprisingly, I have.

(So which one is my motorcycle? Its the purplish motorcycle in the middle of the picture. Sunny days and better pictures are soon on there way. Also, yes in the picture it was not raining. Why? Because it was lunch time of course and the rain like myself was at Burger King eating a Whopper.)

No comments: