Mar 20, 2014

Timing

What happens to a dream deferred? Mr. Sinclair posed that question to me nearly 20 years ago.

The line between deference and creation is a fine one. Much as one can rush into creating something, they can put it off into infinity. So funny how it all landed in the middle today. 

A younger me would have been so happy to have created the moment where I finally rode my motorcycle through the busiest crossing in the world. However he would have also been unable to have started the motorcycle after its aging engine shutdown soon after. Had I rushed into creating, the day would have been remember for its shortcomings. 

Timing. It would seem Mr. Sinclair forgot to mention timing. For what is a dream deferred to the right time? 

So as I parked my motorcycle illegally this afternoon and the parkinglots owner approached me, I knew it would all be OK. 

While I usually would not have been eligible for parking, a bit of Japanese, salesmanship, manners, and timing completed the puzzle. 

Tonight, after nearly 6-years, a dream deferred for nearly a decade has now been dreamt. 

No comments: