Nov 2, 2014

Gab Gab Part II


Six years. Six years since I last swam with turtles. 

Fear, shock, and surprise are the emotions that explode through your entire body as you encounter an unfamiliar shape underwater. Your mind races to associate the thing you are seeing with something, just something that will not kill you. 

Oh its a sea turtle. The last time I swam alongside one, decent cheap underwater cameras were still a year or two off. 

Today I had a camera able to dive to over 59 feet that fit in my pocket. So as the fear subsided, I drew my camera from inside my wetsuit and began to shoot. As luck would have it, the turtle surfaced for air in perfect alignment with the sun rays. 

The six years waiting for technology and my own ability to catch up was more than worth it. 

Santa Rita, Guam

No comments: