Jan 22, 2015

My Hotel Kitchen


This is what happens when you move into a resort hotel room and decide to live. Your kitchen becomes a bar-sink and a hot plate.

Would you believe I cook every night? Well not every, but more often than not I cook out of this kitchen. I am not talking about hot pockets and microwavable burritos. No, I am talking about meals. Take a closer look at that bowl. That’s squash with chicken underneath. Its seasoned in soy sauce and left to marinate for 5 mins. or so. After that you grab your fry pan, place it on-top of the bowl, turn it over and leave it on the hot plate at high heat. For how long you ask, until it almost starts to burn; you’ll smell it.

Then stir-fry it and it’s all done.

So what’s in my kitchen?
One small hot plate
One sink
Stupidly huge refrigerator  
A microwave
One set of chopsticks
One spoon
One knife- note the zip-tie holding it together, that's what you get for $2
One plastic cutting board
One Leatherman- for cutting limes for beer
One shot glass
One Martine shaker- usually used as a glass
One Red Robin metal cocktail glass
One bowl
Soap and sponge

Tumon, Guam

No comments: