Feb 5, 2015

From the sea

Something shot through the murky dark water and brushed hard against my leg as it flew by. 

Alone in the ocean at night again. This time only in a few feet of water close to the shore. What had hit my leg? There was no pain, so whatever it was must have been harmless. 

This water was impossible to photograph fish in. The hot dogs were not working. It was nothing but murky water and sand. Guess it was time to go back to shore. 

Standing up in the surf two people are bending down at the break. It was the thing that hit my leg. Not sure why this fish swam out of the water and onto the shore, but here was a chance to capture a photograph of it. 
I snatched it from the shore. At first it held still. Then a burst and it was out of my hand. Picking it up I gave it to the person standing next to me. He looked at it and then showed it to his friend. There was some talk of turning it into keliguin and then the boys released the fish back into the ocean.  
All that remained of the fish were its scales on my hand. 

Tumon Beach, Guam 

No comments: