Feb 14, 2008

Hot Dogs and Porridge

As a child, my uncle had paid my sister, brother, and I a visit after lunch one sunny summer afternoon.

As was the custom, our uncle chased us and we ran away screaming. When he caught my brother he proceeded to mercilessly tickle him. My brother cried out for mercy, but my uncle continued his tickle assault. Within a matter of moments the hot dog my brother had eaten for lunch decorated the floor.

To this day I always keep in mind that exercising recently fed children can be messy. Thus today after a mild game of head, shoulders, knee's, and toes I was suprised to find one of my students wearing his breakfast of rice porridge on his pants, shirt, and face. So, I stopped class, took him to the bathroom, and was thankful he had not eaten a hot dog.

No comments: