Jul 19, 2016

Indian Scout

Before this weekend I'd ridden motorcycles in scores of counties, islands, and republics, but I'd never ridden a motorcycle on the roads of my home state. The Indian and I came together by chance. Eagle Rider was having a sale, which made their Indian's the cheapest to ride. It was an accidental perfect match. 

Before riding into Idaho Springs, I bombed up Mt. Evans. Even past 14,000 feet the Scout never hesitated. Coming back down Mt. Evans and into Idaho Springs the bikes Fox suspension turned the narrow mountain roads into a fast-paced, but control roller coaster ride.
Since I usually ride dual sport bikes, I had to take it down a dirt road. The fat tires and long wheel base enabled me to hammer it down up to Argo Mine without incident.
Coming back into the city I ran into traffic, so rather than sit I got off at 44th on rode till I hit Lakeside.
 It was time to take bike through North Denver.
Then in Rino.

The entire day the bike never let up on power. In fact I spent most of the day in 3rd gear hammering the bike through windy mountain roads. Indian has done a great job of delivering old school looks with a modern power plant. Yes, the suspension will destroy your back on the heavy bumps and the riding position is not the most comfortable for long rides. However you sacrifice this for instant power and amazing control in the corners.

Colorado, USA

No comments: